Namecoin is a cryptocurrency first mined on April 17, 2011. In January 2014, International Business Times considered Namecoin the most difficult cryptocurrency to mine, next to Bitcoin. The two currencies are similar; Namecoin is constructed from a modified version of the Bitcoin software.
- Namecoin at Wikipedia
- What are Namecoins and .bit domains? by David Gilson (June 18, 2013), CoinDesk
- Developers attempt to resurrect Namecoin after fundamental flaw discovered by David Gilson (October 28, 2013), CoinDesk
- FreeSpeechMe: The new Anti-Censorship and Secure Domain Resolving Namecoin-Based Plug-in by Ferdinand Reyes (February 13, 2014), Bitcoin Magazine
- How OneName Makes Bitcoin Payments as Simple as Facebook Sharing by Pete Rizzo (March 27, 2014), CoinDesk
- How Monegraph Uses the Block Chain to Verify Digital Assets by Daniel Cawrey] (May 15, 2014), CoinDesk
- Bitcoin Competitors: What You Should Know About 6 Alternative Cryptocurrencies by Ryan W. Neal (January 14, 2014), International Business Times