What is a non fungible token
A Non Fungible Token (NFT) is an unique tradable crypto asset that exists as token on a blockchain. Each token is different which allows for verifiable digital scarcity. NFTs use the Ethereum ERC721 token standard.
Some fun NFTs
- CryptoKitties Buy, sell, trade and breed digital kitties.
- Decentraland Build, sell and explore land in a virtual world.
- War Riders Build your own war vehicle to mine and attack enemies.
Some uses for NFTs
- Concert/sports tickets - Helps to prevent fraud.
- Access keys
- Land deeds - Prove ownership without the need for bureaucracy.
- High value items - Log ownership information incase something is stolen.
- And more